Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Irish joke

This blog could not realistically call itself "Irish I's" and not have an Irish joke from time to time.

So here's one.

Mick took the boat and train to London to appear on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. He did well for himself. As the end of the show approached, he had already won half a million quid.

"You've done very well so far," said the show's presenter in his most serious voice,

"but for a million pounds you've only got one life-line left - phone a friend.

"Everything is riding on this question...... will you go for it?"

"Sure," said Mick. "I'll have a go!"

Up on his screen flashed the following information:
Which of the following birds does not build its own nest?
a) Sparrow, b) Thrush, c) Magpie, d)Cuckoo?'

"I haven't got a clue," said Mick, "so I'll use me last lifeline and phone me friend Paddy back home in Dublin..."

So Mick called up his mate and repeated the question to him.

"Fookin hell, Mick!" cried Paddy. "Dat's simple......it's a fookin cuckoo."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm fookin sure."

Mick hung up the phone and told the host
"I'll go wit Cuckoo as me answer, so."

"Is that your final answer?"

"Dat it is, sir."

There was a long, long pause accompanied by deafening drums and finally the presenter screamed,
"Cuckoo is the correct answer! Mick, you've won one million pounds!"

The next night back in Dublin, Mick invited Paddy to the pub to celebrate.

"Tell me, Paddy?" asked the appreciative Mick, "How the Jaysus did you know it was da Cuckoo that doesn't build its own nest?"

Paddy wiped the Guinness from his lips before answering,
"Because, ya eejit, he lives in a fookin clock."

No comments: